- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Breast Radiology, Breast MRI
- Evaluation of Pneumoconioses
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, 1981
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 1997
- Fellow of the American College of Radiology, 2010
- Indiana University Medical Center, 1977-1981
- Radiology Residency
- Indiana School of Medicine, 1973-1977
- Indiana University, 1969-1973
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- NIOSH B-reader, 1997-present
- Evansville Radiology, PC, 1981-present
Dr. Whitehead was born and raised in Evansville, Indiana. He is an active leader in the Deaconess Hospital health system and is currently serving as the President of the Deaconess Medical Staff and the Chairman of the Deaconess Medical Executive Council. Hospital involvement also includes serving on the Deaconess Hospital and Deaconess Healthcare System Boards of Directors. In the past he has served in numerous leadership positions for the Vanderburgh Medical Country Society.
As an interventional radiologist, he specializes in minimally invasive image-guided procedures to diagnosis and treat disease. Common procedures include vascular access, percutaneous biopsies, percutaneous drainage procedures, dialysis graft and fistula evaluation, vascular stenting, and nephrostomy tubes. Dr. Whitehead worked jointly with the Deaconess Vascular Surgery Department to establish the first aortic stent graft program in the Tri-State area.
Dr. Whitehead has been a past Director of the Deaconess Breast Center. In additional to interpreting mammographs and performing breast biopies, he is proficient in the interpretation of breast MRI.
Dr. Whitehead is one of approximately 300 physicians in the United States who are practicing NIOSH B-readers. This distinction is reserved for physicians who demonstrate proficiency in the classification of chest radiographs for pneumoconioses using the International Labour Office (ILO) Classification System.
Community involvement is important to Dr. Whitehead. He has served on the Evansville Day School Board of Trustees, the Campaign Cabinet for the United Way of Southwestern Indiana and most recently on the Medical Resource Council for the Gilda’s Club of Evansville.
- American College of Radiology
- Radiologic Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Indiana Radiologic Society
- Vanderburgh County Medical Society
- Indiana State Medical Association