- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Radiation dose reduction in CT
- Radiologic contrast agents
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, 2003
- University of Wisconsin, Madison – University Health Sciences, 2003-2004
- Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship
- University of Alabama Health System, 2002-2003
- University of Alabama Health System, 1999-2003
- Radiology Residency
- Ball Memorial Hospital, 1998-1999
- Transitional Internship
- Indiana University School of Medicine, 1994-1998
- Doctor of Medicine
- Wabash College, 1990-1994
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Magna Cum Laude
- Evansville Radiology, PC, 2004-present
Dr. Hoagland was born in Danville, IL and raised in Veedersburg, IN. As a musculoskeletal radiologist, Dr. Hoagland specializes in the imaging of bones, joints, and muscles, including advanced imaging of the spine. Through his additional training, he gained advanced experience in joint injections and epidural injections. Dr. Hoagland has a particular interest in the physics of magnetic resonance imaging which allows optimization of images for advanced diagnosis of disease.
Dr. Hoagland is very active in professional societies on both the state and national level. Since 2009, Dr. Hoagland has been a Councilor for the State of Indiana to the American College of Radiology. He has served on several committees of the Indiana Radiological Society and has held positions of president, president-elect, secretary and treasurer. On a local level, Dr. Hoagland serves as the Medical Director of Clinical Services for Midwest Radiologic Imaging and as the Medical Director of Radiology for the Women’s Hospital. He is also involved in several other committees including, Deaconess Health System Executive Committee, the Neonatal Committee, the Family Center Care Committee, and the Orthopedic Radiology Case Analysis Committee.
As an undergraduate student, Dr. Hoagland was named to the oldest academic honor society, Phi Beta Kappa. He was also honored during medical school with scholarships for academic achievement. As a fellow, Dr. Hoagland presented research at the annual meeting of the Association of University Radiologists.
Professional Affiliations include:
- American College of Radiology
- Radiologic Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Indiana Radiologic Society
- Vanderburgh County Medical Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Society of Skeletal Radiology.